Compliance Checks are designed to address the retailers who are licensed to sell alcohol and to ensure that they are not providing alcohol to minors under-21.
Download the 2014-2015 KY Compliance Check Data Report by Region and County (produced by the Alcohol PES, data courtesy of the KY ABC)
Youth ages 18 to 20 may apply to work with the Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Control and/or local law enforcement as under-cover operatives in these investigations.
The goals of a compliance check:
- Determine which stores are adhering to the 21 age drinking age law
- Help to increase compliance rates at retail stores
- Issue tickets and fines for stores not complying with laws
- Youth develop relationship with local law enforcement
- Work together as a youth coalition
Compliance checks, when done regularly, send a message to retailers that they must follow the laws with regards to selling alcohol. If they refuse to comply with the laws, they will face stiff penalties, including fines and the possible loss of their liquor license.
Learn more at http://www.abc.ky.gov/Pages/enforcementprograms.aspx
Report an Alcohol Sales Violation
Anyone can report a suspected violation to ABC Enforcement by one of the following methods:
- · Call 502-564-4850 ext. 1038 or toll free 1-888-847-7222
- · Submit a complaint form
- · Email alcohol sales violations to Amy Rawlins
- · Submit a written letter to:
Attn: Enforcement Division
Alcoholic Beverage Control
1003 Twilight Trail
Frankfort, KY 40601-8400
Learn more at http://www.abc.ky.gov/Pages/complaintform.aspx