KY General Assembly 2016 Regular Session Alcohol Bills List (PDF) - updated 2016-03-10
Bill Watch: This free service enables Kentucky.gov registered users unlimited tracking of legislation during the Kentucky Legislative Session
2016 PREVENTION HIGHLIGHTS
- POWDERED ALCOHOL BANNED
- NEW "AUTHORIZED PUBLIC CONSUMPTION LICENSE
- EXPANDED LOOK-BACK WINDOW FOR PRIOR DUI OFFENSES
2016 ALCOHOL BILLS ENACTED INTO LAW
SB 11 (BR-399): AN ACT relating to alcoholic beverages. "Omnibus Alcohol Bill"
- Forbid any person to possess, sell, offer for sale, or use any powdered or crystalline alcoholic beverage product.
- July 2016 - Powdered Alcohol is Banned in Kentucky KRS 241.010; KRS 244.652 (effective 2016-07-15)
- Kentucky 2016 SB11 Fact Sheet by the KY ABC - KY Powdered Alcohol Ban (2016-07)
- Clarify regulations on alcohol w/o liquid devices (AWOL) and powdered alcohol.
- Establish an "authorized public consumption" (APC) license for use with commercial quadricycles. Allow patrons to bring only their own unopened packaged alcohol in non-descriptive plastic cups for personal consumption after boarding and while riding. Allow under-21s to remain at APC premises.
SB 56 (BR-54): AN ACT relating to DUI & declaring an emergency. "Brianna Taylor Act"
Expand the look-back window for prior DUI offenses from five to 10 years.
This bill is named after Brianna Taylor, an Elizabethtown High School graduate, was 17 when she died in a summer 2014 car wreck in Hardin County. (LRC eNews, 2015-01)
This information is provided for informational purposes only. For more information on this Kentucky General Assembly Regular Session, please visit www.lrc.ky.gov.